DSE assessor training course:
An engaging 4 to 6 hour course with highly interactive training material including quizzes, demonstrations and practical exercises.
Client’s premises or agreed alternative venue.
Maximum of 8.
HSE publication “Working with VDUs”
Any person required to conduct DSE risk assessments or seeking a practical understanding of workplace health & safety legislation
It is an employer’s legal responsibility to assess workplace hazards, evaluate the seriousness of any risks identified, eliminate or reduce the risk and introduce control measures to safeguard the welfare of their employees.
This course will enable attendees to conduct risk assessments and user training in line with Health & Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 as amended 2002 and gain a practical understanding of workplace ergonomics and healthy computer use.
Where possible the emphasis of the standard course will be adapted to suit the company’s in-house requirements.
- Introducing the Display Screen Equipment Regulations.
- Understanding the hazards.
- Posture and workplace adjustments.
- Review assessment checklist.
- Ergonomic workstation set-up.
- Training and risk assessments (Demonstration).
- Training and risk assessments (Practical exercise) .
- Understanding workplace accessories (Demonstration.
- Following-up effectively.
By the end of the course delegates should understand:
- Current DSE legislation .
- The principles of risk assessment.
- The employers and risk assessor’s duties.
- Common hazards and risks associated with DSE.
- Risk reduction strategies .
- Ergonomic products.
- Risk assessment follow-up.
Delegates will also be able to conduct practical DSE risk assessments within an organisation.